Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday

My pictures on this post are a little mixed up but we were busy today celebrating and preparing for Ash Wednesday tomorrow, the beginning of Lent. We returned from our trip to Spokane yesterday so we had just one day to get all our preparations in order. I had a lot of fun helping with the crown of thorns and making my own. I even painted it tonight. After a yummy dinner we went out for an ice cream date and I enjoyed a cone and my very own bowl of sprinkles, what a treat!

Sprinkles are my favorite!
Ice cream is pretty good too ;)
Pure concentration
Fun day! Thanks!
Painting a Mardi Gras mask. I had to add glitter, lots and lots of glitter!!
Sissy and I enjoying our ice cream. I think she was done with hers before I made a dent in the top of my mine.
Rolling our salt dough for the crown of thorns
The crown of thorns is a tradition we have during Lent that lets us keep track of sacrifices and good deeds throughout the season.
Putting the thorns in was my favorite part!

0 comments: